Friday, January 22, 2010

Concept art (sketches)

Hello everyone,

I've got some sketches of ideas for you all to look over.

First up is some random robot head designs, some are based off of objects, most of which have the object written under them.



Secondly I have some rough designs for a heavy robot, or rocket robot. Not much to say here.



I've drawn up a very rough incomplete HUD design, bottom left we have a wheel style weapon selection system to match the turning style of the arm cannon, the selected weapon is then highlighted and displays an ammunition count.
To the right is a map, I thought it might be cool if the player could switch between 3d and 2d versions of map, I'll leave that up to a group decision.
Top left is pretty self explanitary.



Next I have a sketch of a level design, also far from a final product, it's not very simple trying to find ways to keep the player within the city area without becoming repetitive; as we found out while discussing Vincent's game idea last semester :P. Read the notes on the image for more information on what things are...


And last I have a few rough designs for an arm cannon, as well as an awesome looking "TED" kid design hahaha, well, maybe not THAT awesome ;).


Crits, comments, and suggestions are encouraged.

3 comments:

  1. Nice Work!

    The Arm cannon sketches are close to perfect my favorites are…

    Back - 3
    Middle - 4
    Front - 2,3,8

    3 with 4's front and a scope like number 6 would be cool but we can have a group discussion on it later.

    The map looks good loves it if you could go up to the "multi story parking" and snipe some enemies.

    something else we could add could be where the boom gate is put army men there saying “Your not allowed to leave the city this is a ceiled zone, We can't let anyone through until we know the threat has been eliminated" Once you kill every enemy in this zone you can then go through the gate leading to the next level.

    And what’s at the top of the map looks like its going in to some kind of massive building?

    I like the scroll wheel you scroll your mouse and the gun switches? Maybe put a black outline on the one you have selected or it enlarges when choosing then drops back when you stop scrolling, that’s more programming side anyway.

    The rocket robot 002 is perfect no criticism yet, I think number 005 needs some sort of engines or something like that because at the moment its hard to see how he really hovers but maybe you got it all planned out?

    003 and 004 are similar number 4 looks better in my opinion I can imagine it with tank tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops forgot about the heads I like 1,2,7,12,14,15 out of those ones 1 and 2 are my favorite. 2 with 1s two bottom parts (the bits that look like gas masks would be cool).

    Its hard to explain my opiniouns without talking to you but hope it all made sence :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, especially I like the map and the same how level is going to look.

    ReplyDelete