Friday, June 11, 2010

node model breaking

got this response :
"Just to close the loop on this issue - I was never able to reproduce it by adding a node to the model, but I did get very similar behaviour when adding a collision mesh.

The trouble (in both cases I believe) is that T3D requires all meshes in the shape to use the same vertex 'format'. That is, the size of the data (position, normal, uv, color etc) for each vertex must be the same for all meshes in the shape. If one mesh has vertex colors, all meshes in the shape must reserve space for vertex colors, even if they don't use them. My understanding is that there are significant performance benefits to doing this.

Anyway, I found a bug in T3D that it was not enforcing this rule about vertex data when adding a mesh to a shape. The fix will be available in the next release (beta2). "

hope that makes sense to you multimedia guys :

No comments:

Post a Comment